Liberty Baptist Church
Copyright 2014-2200 © Liberty Baptist Church Orlando, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
In essential beliefs, we have unity.
In non-essential beliefs, we have liberty.
In all our beliefs, we show charity.
What we believe...
744 N. Dean Road
Orlando, FL 32825
1. We believe in the oneGod, Who is self-existent, eternal and Infinite. We believe that He, while being the same in essence, Has revealed Himself as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, born of a virgin, sinless in His life, who atoned for the sins of the world by His death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, His High Priestly intercession for His people and His return to the world according to His promise.
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
4. We believe that the Bible is God’s infallible Word, written by men who were divinely and uniquely inspired and that it is our supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. We affirm our belief in the verbal (to the very works) and plenary (to every word) inspiration of the Scriptures in their original autographs.
5. We believe people are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person Has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
6. We believe salvation is God’s FREE gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement of good works. Only by trusting Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
7. We believe that because God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot lose it. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security.
8. We believe people were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real existences.
9. We believe the Genesis account of creation as being neither allegory nor myth, but a literal, historical account of the direction, immediate creative acts of God without any evolutionary process. Man, spirit, soul, and body was created by a direct work of God and not from previously existing forms of life. All men are descended from the historical Adam and Eve, first parents of the entire human race.
10. We believe that the church is the body of Christ manifested through the local church. It is a congregation of baptized believers associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship of the gospel. The local church is to observe the ordinances of Christ, is governed by His laws, and is to exercise the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word. The officers of the church are pastors and deacons, whose qualifications, claims and responsibilities are clearly defined in the Scriptures. The true mission of the church is to exalt Christ, edify the believer and evangelize the lost.